The Advantages Of Full Screen Mac Apps
I thought initially that Apple was making a massive fuss out of finally having matched Windows‘ efforts to give applications maximum screen real estate (i.e. removing the dock). I was very pleased when I realised that Apple has blown Windows out of the water with this new system. It may seem like a minor UI enhancement, but to someone with a 13 inch laptop screen it makes a massive difference.
So Whats good about this full screen experience?
- It gives much better use of the screen for the smaller screens in the Mac range.
- It removes the distraction of the Dock and Menu bar.
- It feels well done. It is a finely tuned upgrade, unlike ‘Spaces’ was to Leopard
As usual, I am not trying to provoke any Mac or Windows Fanboys to start a war with me, I am merely stating why I think Full Screen Apps are a good thing.
Please get in contact via the following channels:
- The First 10 Mac Apps You Must Download For OS X Lion (AAPL) (businessinsider.com)
- Lion’s full-screen apps: Some hits, a lot of misses (tuaw.com)
- Taming the Lion #1 (attackoftheirony.wordpress.com)
- How To Open Your Library Folder In OS 10.7 Lion (lockergnome.com)