How To Get (And Why To Get) The New Gmail Theme
It’s hard to not have noticed the recent visual changes implemented by Google to its current line-up of products. Gmail is no exception, and there is now an option to try out the ‘preview’ of the new Gmail experience. This is an article about how to get this new look, and why I think you should.
(This image and the image below are Copyrighted by Google, and is only being used as a descriptive device by Medmond Tech)
To get the new Gmail experience follow the following instructions;
- Click on the ‘Settings’ logo in the top right hand corner of the webpage.
- From the settings ‘Nav Bar’ choose THEMES
- At the bottom of all the options the option DENSE will appear, select this.
- Refresh the browser
- The new colour scheme and layout is in sync with the new Google Calendar and Google Search pages, so it adds some consistency to your Google experience.
- The older themes now look marginally out-of-place along side the newly added Google Toolbar, so this will be a welcome update for any design fanatics.
- The menus and buttons are larger, which can help users used to Apple’s Mail application. It is also quite a kick in the face to Outlook Web App as far as usability goes.
- Google Previews GMail New Look (shoutmeloud.com)
- Gmail :New Look & Feel with Dense Theme (techtimely.wordpress.com)
- How to get the new Gmail (computerandu.wordpress.com)
- A preview of Gmail’s new look (crazzycool.blogspot.com)
- GMail Got A New Interface And You Can Try It Now ! (netwidz.com)