Predictions For Apple’s WWDC (World Wide Developers Conference)
Today, I have been mulling over my predictions for the upcoming WWDC by Apple. I am starting to feel like Apple is loosing some steam, with its products loosing their ‘revolutionary’ air. This is, of course, just an opinion which I am sure Apple will destroy on the 6th of this Month when they are set to release their new products.
So, here are the things that I think Apple may release, and that I would like them to release;
- A new Mac Pro with a brand new design. If my memory serves me correctly they have been using the same design since the Mac Pro was still called the Power Mac.
- A free Mobile Me service. I am not so sure about this one, but I have heard rumours that Apple will release a free cloud service in an attempt to rival Google.
- Another sneak peak of OS X Lion
- Cloud music streaming service. I believe that wether announced as part of WWDC or not, Apple will release this at some point this year after signing deals with major record labels.
- Iphone 5 (or 4g) should be announced. I do not think that Apple would risk a delayed release leaving its competitors with handsets of superior design for less money.
- iOS 5. I think that iOS 5 will (or at least should have) improved customisation in order to be a real competitor to Android and (increasingly) Windows Phone.